I can provide thesis projects for undergraduate (laurea triennale e specialistica) and PhD (dottorato) students to work on. Mentoring will take place in collaboration with your academic advisor ("relatore") at your home institution.
Main research areas (inquire for details):
- Statistical learning algorithms and their application in biomolecular simulations, computational chemistry, and other big data sets.
- Generation of biostatistical algorithms and models, with their application to, e.g., disease progression, survival prediction, and motion analysis.
- A degree-in-the-making: students of engineering, physics, and chemistry and biology (as long as you have an interest in quantitative and computational aspects) courses will usually find interesting and challenging projects.
- A reasonable knowledge of computer programming and of the English language.
- A professor in your institution supporting the project ("relatore interno").
- You will be developing analysis methods with the aim to contribute to actual, ongoing research and scholarly papers.
- We'll collaborate with Italian or foreign institutions, depending on your interest, topic, and availability of data.