My group's activity is focused on the application of computational models to interesting problems in biology and medicine at various scales, including protein-protein and protein-drug interactions. We make extensive use of molecular dynamics and statistical methods - see e.g. publications here. My background includes statistical physics, statistical learning, software and hardware engineering, and high-performance computational architectures.
In 2009 I was awarded a 3-year Beatriu de Pinós grant by the Generalitat de Catalunya for the in silico characterization of protein-protein and protein-drug interactions via large-scale all-atom simulations, which I developed in the Computational Biophysics Group at the University Pompeu Fabra of Barcelona (GRIB-IMIM-UPF). Before 2008 I was with the Laboratory for Biomedical Informatics "Mario Stefanelli" of the University of Pavia, where we conducted research on artificial intelligence for health-care applications. I hold a PhD in Bioengineering and Bioinformatics (University of Pavia, 2005), and a degree in Physics (University of Pisa, 2001).
- E-mail: first name dot last name at gmail.com
- Profile on Google scholar
- GitHub repos: @giorginolab (stable), @tonigi (work-in-progress-ish).
- ORCID: 0000-0001-6449-0596; ResearcherID: H-1866-2011 (if you are into curating such proprietary databases)
- ASN 2016: 09/G2, professore II fascia.
- I am not on Facebook, Instagram, etc. See why. (Warning: satire).